This organisation took the effort to follow us on twitter. The Bio next to their twitter name gave me information about their good cause. So I looked up their website and came accross a great initiative.
The people involved like to travel, like to read and some of them are blind themselves. They are trying to put together a library on the road with all kind of books for the blind in Thailand.
Here is an overview from what they are looking for:
- Normal print books (books for children and adults in Thai or English)
- Braille books (Thai or English)
- Large print books (Thai or English)
- Tactile Picture Books (any language)
- Tactile maps
- Tactile pictures and images of famous artworks, buildings, photos around the world
- Three-dimensional miniatures (animals, fruits and vegetables, vehicles, tools, houses of different styles, etc.)
- Educational games and toys that all the children can play together